Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Orange and Green Winter Box*

Good morning! And a very happy Thursday!!  Two more to days to go before the weekend!! Woohoo!! LOL  Yesterday I was working from home. That is always a nice change. I had some conference calls and it's nice and quiet at home.

Yesterday I also worked on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Blog. I made a HUGE error!  Yep... my bad!! Ooops!!  I was cleaning up the blog getting ready for our new start at the beginning of the year. We are going to switch over to a monthly challenge and our first challenge will be on January 10th. Well ... as I was cleaning up I managed to delete ALL of the posts on the blog! I was trying to clean up the first year and part of last year, but nope... I deleted them all!! I couldn't believe it! Thankfully I had already saved the Design Team favorites.. but my gosh!! What the heck did I do!  Well, my BIG mistake! And I'm so sorry to everyone for that, but it is done and I can't fix it now. I should have waited to clean up. But there is a lot to do and I wanted to go ahead and do what I could :)  I hope everyone will join in on the Monthly Challenges once they start up!! We will still have the DT Favorites as well. Alright.. time to move on to my creation for today :)  This is a box I recycled and recreated!

Let's take a look at my box.. this is before I altered it:





It started out as a Samsung Box from the last phone we updated - Mine! I love my Samsungs! Kevin gave it to me and said I should decorate it. I have to admit, he was definitely correct. This is a great box! It just needed to be updated a bit. And here it is altered into something new:











For this box I started with the image, Hipster Girl in Snow, from SLS Lines Digital Stamps. I just adore this girl! I colored her with Copic Markers and then I layered her several layers. I added some glitter to her cuffs and hat to give it that furry look. I also added some Snow Marker to make the snowflakes falling. I took the box and cut paper to go on the box. I did green for the bottom and orange for the top. Then I did three layers of Matte Finish Gesso over the paper. I added the white snowflace corners and the snowflake borders on the sides. I added some gems to add some sparkle and I created the saying to go next to the girl. And I think that is it!

Copic Markers Used:
  • Outfit Orange: YR04, YR09, R89
  • Outfit Green: YG11, YG13, YG17
  • Black Shoes: W3, W5, W7, W9
  • Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E13
  • Eyes: Y00, Y18, Y26
  • Lips and Hat Ears: R20, R22, R24
  • Snowball: B0000, B000
  • Hair: E33, E35, E37
Challenges:




28 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous gift box Susan love the image and fabulous colour's you have used thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
Dianne x
IDCB DT

stampingvickisvisions said...

Your card is great, love the layering and the sparkle on her hat and coat. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crews Sparkle challenge Vicki DT

Nana said...

WOW what a beautiful box. Love the images. Well done.
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous project Susan. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Karen Letchworth said...

What a stunning transformation, Susan. I can't believe you took something so plain and made it SO amazing. WOW! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please join us again soon. I LOVE seeing your amazing creations, and SO appreciate you sharing them with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Wendy L said...

A fab recycle creation, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

Michele said...

this is quite stunning, beautifully done! thank you for joining the anything goes challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Unknown said...

Wow this is amazing, Thank you for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle Blog Challenge x DT Sarahjayne x

Judy V said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs!

Annie said...

Just gorgeous! Love the sentiment and how you wrapped the die cuts around the corners! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage and hope to see you again soon! :) ~Annie

Sandra Wright. said...

This is fantastic...so crisp looking,that orange really pops out at you and with the added embellishing it is just gorgeous.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

Unknown said...

Fantastic project. Love everything about it: the image the colours and the detail.Thanks for joining us at Oddball Art Challenge. Hugs Monika, DT

chanya13 said...

Fabulous box with lovely image. Love colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion Challenge, Agnieszka DT

Unknown said...

This is Fantastic Susan. Love what you have done to this. I have quite a few of these boxes lying around the house, lol. Thank-you for joining us this week at Glitter N Sparkle.
Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)
DT/Owner glitternsparkle

Sabina said...

Lovely gift box.
Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Moments.
Sabina DT

GregT said...

Great idea re-purposing the box. Love the colors and layers. Thanx for joining us this week at SSD.

Kim Kelley said...

What a cute box. Love how you did your image! Very creative! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Unknown said...

Fabulous project! I really love the colors you used. Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion!
~ Bonnie DT

Terri's Cards N More said...

Wow! What a gorgeous box! Love your color choice and layout. Thanks for playing along with Crafting With An Attitude.

Unknown said...

Fabulous details! I love the layering of the image, beautiful coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Moving Along with the Times.

Annie S. said...

Love your coloring of that darling image and so impressed with your repurposing of the Samsung box. Very creative! Thanks for sharing this with the AIMPDC #8!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful design, thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad for the Anything goes challenge.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOW I just love your creativity with your piece of art - love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
DT The Mirror Crack'd
DT Anything but a Card

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely box with great detail. Rebecca x

Karla B said...

It's gorgeous!Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Cheerful Stamp Pad!
xoxo

Karla

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project box Susan, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us this month at
Not Just Cards
One of our sponsors has set up a new challenge blog and we would be delighted to see you join us at Julia Spiri Challenge blog
Hugs Lori