Followers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Can You Believe...

Can you believe the weather? the fires? the flooding? Mother Nature in all her fury. I know here in Georgia we didn't have much of a winter. And I love my winters. I love the cold brisk air. I love sitting by a fireplace and covering up in blankets. I'm not a huge fan of summer and the heat. It hasn't been this hot in quite a few years though. I can't believe its going to get up in the triple digits this week! 104 degrees.. are you kidding me!!!???!!! I think I might be able to cook up an egg on the road.

And then you head a little south of us and you have the terrible flooding in Florida.So many homes under water, card damaged beyond repair. That storm went over Florida and just stalled out. I hope that everyone is safe. I hate to hear of so much damage and loss. It is so devastating for those involved. And to see people rowing down the street in their boats, horses walking shoulder high in water on the streets; it is just terrible.

You head west and you have the horrific fires going on. I thought I heard somewhere that these fires were being started by someone. Why would you do that? Such devastation. People losing everything as they are rushed out to safety with not much time at all to gather anything from their homes. And their homes going up in flames. My heart breaks for all of the people that are suffering such losses right now. And I think about the people that started these fires and wonder what drives them to do such a terrible thing.

I will keep everyone in my prayers


2006... I can't believe how little my kids were. they were all holding sparklers. I can't believe how fast they grow up.. 6 years ago!!! I can't even believe it.


4 comments:

Eli said...

Love the combo between photo and papers. Great take of sketch #81.
Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Pamela said...

The fires here in Colorado have been started by lightening. It's hot and dry and when the thunderstorms come, they don't bring much rain at all but a lot of lightening. It's scary.

And great layout! :)

Unknown said...

That is scary.. I didn't realize those were caused by Lightning.. such a frightening fire.

Crafting Vicky said...

Great layout! Your kids look like they are having such fun!